Homemade Udon Noodles (Zaru & Kake) August 08, 2015 01:57
Udon is a delicious, filling and surprisingly easy dish that you can make at home. This versatile recipe can be eaten hot or cold and with your favorite soup and toppings. Give it a shot and you're sure to have a good time!
300g All-Purpose Flour
1. Add the salt to the water and mix until dissolved.
2. Slowly pour the water into the flour while mixing. (add 1/4 of the mixture at a time) Make sure the ingredients are well incorporated but try not to overtax.
3. Put the dough into a bag or into a covered bowl and let rest for 30 minutes.
4. Knead the dough for 10-15 minutes. You can do this by removing it from the bag and using your hands, or leaving it in the bag (provided that the bag is sealable and strong) and knead it by stepping on it.
5. Cover the dough or put it back in the bag and let it rest for another 20 minutes.
6. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to a thickness of about 3mm.
7. Fold the dough into thirds and cut the noodles to a thickness of about 3mm.
8. Boil the noodles for about 10 minutes. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the noodles.
9. Strain and rinse the noodles in cold water.
10. Serve the noodles hot or cold in your favorite soup with your favorite toppings.
Rilakkuma Kamaboko (fish paste cake)