Rainbow Cupcakes at Home! August 27, 2013 00:00 5 Comments
This is a new series from Kittens in the Kitchen! I hope you can make these rainbow cupcakes and rainbow frosting by yourself at home! This is little difficult but this is very fun and you can make very cute cakes! I hope you can do this well!
1/2 cup (125g) caster sugar
125g unsalted butter
1 cup (125g) self-raising flour
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
3 tablespoons milk
4 bottles food colouring, red, blue, yellow, green
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Line a 12 hole cupcake tray with patty cups.
2. Cream the sugar and butter until pale and fluffy.
3. Beat the eggs in one at a time adding a little flour in each time until the ingredients are mixed.
4. Add the vanilla essence and mix. Then add the milk 1 tablespoon at a time mixing after each addition.
5. Divide the mixture into 6 bowls:
In Bowl 1 - Add half a cap of red colouring
In Bowl 2 - Add half a cap of red and half a cap of yellow
In Bowl 3 - Add half a cap of yellow
In Bowl 4 - Add half a cap of green
In Bowl 5 - Add half a cap of blue
In Bowl 6 - Add half a cap of blue and half a cap of red
7. Mix colouring into each mixture after adding.
8. Divide the purple mixture between the 12 cases. Repeat with the other mixtures in this order: Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Red.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.
Recipe by BigIssueInTheNorth http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/13653/rainbow-coloured-cupcakes.aspx
3 cups confectioners' sugar
1 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 to 2 tablespoons whipping cream
1. In a standing mixer fitted with a whisk, mix together sugar and butter. Mix on low speed until well blended and then increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes.
2. Add vanilla and cream and continue to beat on medium speed for 1 minute more, adding more cream if needed for spreading consistency.
RAINBOW ICING HOW TO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7osrDuO_j8